Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Class #3 - Your Husband

Wow! Can you ever learn too much about your responsibilities as a wife to your husband? My students consist of three single girls. Talk about getting them excited! They talked more last night than the previous two classes combined! They had lots of questions, some of which made me laugh, and some of which made me roll my eyes? (For example: If there is something that I want, can I ask for it? or What if my dad wants me to marry a guy that I don't like, do I have to?) It also caused me to think, is there eally no such thing as a dumb question? :) Needless to say, it was an interesting class. I can't help but think, did I think that way about marriage when I was single? Anyway...we talked about a lot of things. We covered topics such as: praying for him, loving him, supporting him, encouraging him, helping him, and the all-time favorite, submitting to him. In a nutshell, being a wife is a grave responsibility but can be a lot of fun too! The Bible has a lot to say about marriage. There are three main passages of Scripture that talk about the duties or responsibilities of the wife. They are: Proverbs 31:10-31, Ephesians 5:22-33, and Titus 2:3-5. Learning as much as you can before you are married is a big help. However, there are some things that can't be learned until you are married. There are some things that you have to learn and re-learn. Marriage is work. The more you put into it the better it will be. Prepare and be prepared for whatever may come your way. The key? Walk with God and have a right attitude. Kind of funny how everything works together!

No comments: